Meet Dr. Basma Fallah
North Richland Hills & Hurst Area Orthodontist
Dr. Basma Fallah understands that patients can have different perceptions of orthodontic work. For some, the idea of beginning treatment is stressful due to their perceptions of what it will involve and how it will impact their daily life. What her practice offers is personalized care for people in different life stages and different needs from treatment.
You can be surprised at how easily an adjustment can fit into your daily life, or how easy it is to begin treatment for your child. What can also surprise you is how corrective work goes beyond making cosmetic changes to offer health and quality of life improvements. Correcting malocclusion protects teeth, reduces jaw pain and stiffness, and can help with oral hygiene. For children and teens who exhibit signs of poor breathing and disrupted sleep, our services can take on airway interference and improve the quality and duration of their nightly rest!
Dr. Fallah attended the University of California at Davis, where she graduated with honors, majoring in cell biology. Later, she received her dental degree from the University of the Pacific (UOP) Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco, California. After graduating, she practiced general dentistry for one year in Santa Clara, California. Dr. Fallah earned her master's degree while completing a residency in orthodontics at the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Her education and dedication to University of the Pacific enabled her to work as an adjunct faculty, teaching removable prosthodontics and Invisalign to dental students at UOP.
Research & Mission Work
She has conducted research in the area of craniofacial malformations, especially cleft lip and palate. To solidify her research and gain valuable experience, she traveled with a reconstructive surgery team to Venezuela and Colombia on a medical mission to aid in the care of these patients.
Dr. Fallah comes from a family of dentists, so the passion and understanding of the profession is in her genes! She is a second-generation orthodontist, her brother is an Oral/Maxillofacial Surgeon and her sister is a general dentist.
Honors & AwardsDr. Fallah has received many honors and awards for her dedication to the practice of orthodontics. The following are some of her achievements:
- Obtained diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics in 2007
- The Harry Sicher Orthodontic Research Award, offered by the American Association of Orthodontists
- The orthodontic resident clinical award for best patient care, University of the Pacific orthodontic department
- The American Association of Orthodontists' award for exceptional interest in the Development of the Oro-Facial Complex
- Quintessence Research Achievement Award for Outstanding Research Achievement
- First place at the ADA/Dentsply senior research competition, OKU Award at the University of Pacific School of Dentistry; Serum-Resistant HSV-tk/Ganciclovir Gene Therapy in Oral Cancer Cells Via Non-Viral Vectors
- First place at the ADA/Dentsply Research competition at the University of Pacific School of Dentistry; Serum-Resistant HSV-tk/Ganciclovir Gene Therapy in Oral Cancer Cells Via Non-Viral Vectors
- Third place at the scientific session for dental research at the California Dental Association annual session in Anaheim, CA; Serum-Resistant Gene Delivery to Oral Cancer by the Polyamine Reagent GeneJammer
- The Dean's Award for outstanding undergraduate achievements in Cell Biology
- Dean's List at UC Davis
- A member of the Phi Sigma Society (by invitation only) for the achievement and advancements in biological research
- Awarded the Faculty Scholarship for achievement in science at the American River College
- A summer fellowship at the department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program at Colorado State University (CSU), Fort Collins, CO
- A summer fellowship at the Center on Polymer Interfaces and Macromolecular Assemblies (CPIMA) – a Stanford/IBM Alameda/UC Davis Partnership
Memberships & AssociationsDr. Fallah serves on many professional boards and associations, including:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics, having gone beyond the normal licensing requirements to obtain this high level of certification
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- Fort Worth Dental Society
- American Association of Orthodontists
Outside Of The Office
Dr. Fallah and her husband have two boys. They enjoy traveling and outdoor activities. They relocated to the DFW area from the San Francisco Bay area in the Fall of 2009.
Schedule Your Orthodontic Visit With Dr. Fallah
Our office is conveniently located in North Richland Hills, TX, and Dr. Fallah provides advanced orthodontic care to kids, teens and adults in Keller, Watauga, Colleyville, Hurst, Bedford, Euless, Keller and all over the Fort Worth area. Please contact us at our office to schedule you or your child's appointment with us. One of our team members will work with you to find an appointment that fits within your schedule.